Thursday, August 15, 2013

Serving














Author of the Day:

One day I was reading a stop sign and I noticed how hard it was to see it.
I squinted my eyes a bit.
But that didn't help me see it.
My mom said I needed glasses.
But I told her I could even see in all my school classes.
I started to worry but there was no hurry.
Because we had all day to get my classes.
When I got my glasses what was in my eyes was the sun.
But it turned out that I had a lot of fun.
By David Adjodha - 5th Grade
From the Writer's Workshop


Photographer of the day: Kristen. She took a picture of her friends on the tire swing at recess.

Today we logged onto Khanacademy.org.  To make our class uniform I gave them a username that is their first and last name put together - no spaces or capitals. EX: michellevelbis    The username is their birth month and year - no spaces or capitals.  EX: february13.  Most of the common core standards are on this website in exercises and videos.  An amazing free tool for your student.  
Please note that Wednesday and Fridays are pizza days.  The DAS students have the option of buying pizza for $1.50 a slice, $.50 a juice box and $.50 a popsicle.  

We have been discussing the following quote this week from Martin Luther King, Jr, "Everyone can be great because everyone can serve."  Ask your student what they think this means.


No comments:

Post a Comment