Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gentleness Art

 I gave my students a picture to copy but I told them to use their own style.  It is so cool to see individuality in their art work.  These pictures in the blog are from Collin, Josue and Dylan - great job guys!!!

Today we continued our nature poetry project.  Today the students also practiced their recitations in front of the upper graders.  Tomorrow is the big day!  They will also need to turn in their poetry essays.  Each project is worth 100 points.

It is pretty exciting in math right now. Since we finished our math books, we have been studying concepts for next year.  Next week, I will give the parents and students some books and website ideas to help your child retain the information they have learned this year. It should make the transition to the next grade a lot smoother.

Tonight at 7:00 pm is the DAS awards ceremony.  All students should be in attendance to celebrate their accomplishments.  I am VERY proud of all my students and can't wait to award them for their successes and improvements!

Our quote for today is from Hugh Blair, Gentleness corrects whatever is offensive in our manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment