Thursday, July 2, 2015

Winning Season Ahead!


Dear Daystar supporters and prospective families,                                                                          

                 “1, 2, 3 go team!  Let’s hit the training hard today – I will be here to encourage you.”  Coaching requires a commitment to individual and team integrity, a willingness to try new ideas, to value the coach-player relationship, and to love your sport and work.

                After more than 20 years as a gymnastics competitor, coach and then business owner, God has honed these qualities and experiences, into the not-so-different career of teaching.

                As the new principal of Daystar Christian School, I am enthusiastic and honored to have the opportunity to “coach” the young minds that will be stepping into our school. After two years as the teacher/principal at Spring Creek Adventist School, and three years as the 3rd – 5th grade teacher at the Deltona Adventist School, I feel even more prepared to coach the Daystar students to a winning season!

                The years of owning, marketing, staffing and managing a child-centered business have assisted me in the educational field. I praise God for this opportunity to use my past, to make a difference for the future.  Encouragingly, we all know that with His guidance and love, we end up on the winning side.

                I look forward to personally introducing myself and meeting the future and valuable team members of Daystar – whether it be volunteers, parents, prayer warriors or students. I also keep a blog of what’s going on in my classroom at www.velbisclassroom.blogspot.com – so team members please take a look to keep informed of school events, educational opportunities and celebrations.

 

Many blessings,

Michelle Velbis

Principal, Daystar Christian School

3912 O'Neal Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81005

(719) 561-9120

No comments:

Post a Comment