Monday, August 5, 2019

Get to Know You

I would like to introduce myself and then ask some questions about you!  

Dayton, Ohio is where I was hatched and grew up. It was a rowdy house because I am the oldest of 7 kids! I have been teaching and taking care of kids my whole life. Teaching was something in my DNA as a little girl and I used to set up school in my house and make my little sister be my student - she wasn't thrilled! My other interests growing up were gymnastics and diving. I even had my own gymnastics training center for 12 years. My passions now are sharing Jesus, reading, cooking, hiking, traveling, spending time with my family and of course teaching. I am married to my best friend and we have six amazing children and the cutest grandson in the world. 


Something a lot of people don't know about me is that I was a student missionary in South Korea for one year and I love kimchee and bi bim bop. YUM!


My favorite smell is probably a campfire, I love chocolate, hot tea and coffee, scarves and fuzzy socks. My favorite Bible verse is Zephaniah 3:17, "For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."


I can't wait to get to know you better. Students please write a little paragraph or two about you. Parents please let me know what inspires your child and what their struggles are. What motivates them? What do you think their gifts and talents are? See you soon!


PS. Here is my 8th grade picture and a picture of my family now. Amazing the journeys God leads us on! 


Image may contain: 9 people, including Jimmy Rowe, Alyssa Rowe, Amberhope Roché Velbis and Erwin Velbis, people smiling, people standing and outdoor


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that all went well with the first week of school.
    We are praying for your hubby and you and the school and all the students.
    Please let me know if I can do anything for you or for the class.

    ReplyDelete