Monday, March 20, 2017

Donated Playground is a Hit!

A huge thank you to the Cesar Chavez school in Pueblo, for donating their used playground equipment to Daystar!  They got a grant for a new playground and blessed us with their old one. And another BIG thank you to those who helped install it - the Pueblo First SDA church members - and we are very grateful!!!

Our Bible verses for this week are:
1st, 2nd, 3rd graders:
“I will live with the people of Israel. I will be their God. And they will know that I am the Lord their God.” Exodus 29:45-46
5th – 7th graders:
He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds. You must teach these things and encourage the believers to do them." Titus 2:14-15

This week we will not have Spelling words or Spelling City since it is a short week. There will still be Reading Plus. I am giving the students extra time in class to complete that.

Please remember that it is a noon dismissal on Wednesday because of home visits. And no school on Thursday because of Music Festival.

Our quote for today is from Alan Sheperd, one of the first American astronauts, "I think the sense of family and family achievement, plus the discipline which I received there from that one-room school were really very helpful in what I did later on."



No comments:

Post a Comment