Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bibles 4 Pueblo


“I was listening to an advertisement on a Christian radio station that I had heard multiple times. It was about people needing Bibles. I thought about it when I was going to sleep one night and when I woke up, I felt compelled to do something about it, “said Luke Velbis, 8th grader at Daystar Christian School.

Consequently, Luke started “Bibles 4 Pueblo.” Thus far he has been able to collect funds and donations, which has helped him to donate approximately 60 Bibles to local inmates. In addition, the Daystar students made homemade Christmas cards to accompany the Bibles.

“We, on the outside, live in freedoms that so many have lost or forfeited because of their lack of spiritual awareness and love for Jesus. The cards, prayers, and Bibles help many to open their hearts to Jesus Christ for the first time,” said Steve Shoffner, the Pueblo First SDA Church prison ministry coordinator.

“I am excited and warm inside knowing that the inmates can grow closer to God because now they have a chance to read a Bible,” said Velbis.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful ministry and kudos to Luke for the inspiration and motivation to act on this loving effort towards sharing the gospel with incarcerated individuals.

    ReplyDelete