Friday, September 27, 2013

Have a Nice Weekend



Today was our awards chapel.  Congratulations to Josue for getting the Responsibility award, Erica for Most Improved and Kristen for Student of the Month. I am so proud of ALL of my students!

Yesterday, Erica took a picture of her friend Nettly.  I love Nettly's big smile.  Her bright spirit is a blessing to us all.

Today we had our spelling tests.  Some of my students are struggling with their spelling.  Parents, please help by drilling them every day on their math facts and spelling words.

Reminder that Tuesday, October 1st, the students have a poem and art entry due.  It is mandatory and will count for a grade.

On Thursday, October 3rd, it is the DAS poetry night.  It is MANDATORY for all students to be in attendance.  Our class is reciting an original piece of poetry - each child will have a part.

In Bible we have been learning about George Mueller.  He is quoted as saying, "Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you."

2 comments:

  1. I'll do a better job of helping my son with spelling and math facts. Hopefully my simple perspective will help enlighten his view.

    Can't wait to hear this "original piece" on Poetry Night on October 3. I'm sure they have been working hard. I'm looking forward to a good turnout.

    Indeed, I thing that unlike the great man if faith, George Mueller, we are not truly expectant when we talk with our Saviour, and so our hearts are not ready to receive. I believe. Help me in my unbelief, My Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Josue, Erica, & Kristen! Love that smile Nettly!

    ReplyDelete