Monday, February 24, 2014

Half Day

Today was a half day, but we still were able to get our Bible verse for the week, which is "Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:6-7 NIV

The students got their spelling words for the week and math assignments today.  The 4th graders have a mid-chapter test in math tomorrow and the 3rd graders have one on Wednesday.  Our smart goal for the week is CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.(3 & 4).1f and the NAD standard of knowing subjects and predicates.  

Tomorrow is the Art Extravaganza and the opening of the Book Fair.  Please come at 6:00 for the Book Fair and at 6:30 for the Art Extravaganza.  Please wear church attire but also bring a pair of khaki shorts and blue DAS shirt and white socks for the gymnastics performance.  Remember that we need EVERY student in attendance - our class routine is counting on it!!!

Also on Friday we will be going to the John Knox Nursing Home for a performance.  Any students who play or sing will also be encouraged to share their talents with the residents there.

Our quote today is from Todd Stocker, "If you walk in joy, happiness is close behind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment