Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What Easter Means to Me

Thank you Kristen for taking this fun picture of your classmates.

Today we read chapters 17, 18 and 19 in the gospel of John.  Then the students wrote a paragraph on what Easter meant to them.  Here are just a few of those responses:

"Easter means to me that God loves us.  I mean that God died on the cross for me and you. And He didn't care about Himself and died on the cross.  And He did that to see us in heaven."  -J. LeGrand

"Easter means to me that Jesus loves us.  And when we sin He forgives our sins.  Jesus wants us to have a wonderful life and be protected.  And that Jesus is our Savior." -E. Williams

"Easter means to me that Jesus died for you and me.  Now I know that my sins are gone and that He's alive and that He's close to His second coming.  It's not about candy or bunnies.  It's about celebrating what Jesus did for you and me." -N. Rosado



Tomorrow spelling words and definitions are due.  We will also be taking our spelling and vocabulary tests.  Friday all online assignments are due at 8am.  


Our quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon, “It seemed as if hell were put into His (Jesus') cup; He seized it, and at one tremendous draught of love, He drank damnation dry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment