Monday, January 12, 2015

Paper Cube "Babies"

This week's Bible verse is one of my favorites:

“Jehovah is my rock,
My fortress and my savior.
 I will hide in God,
Who is my rock and my refuge.
He is my shield
And my salvation,
My refuge and high tower.
Thank you, O my Savior,
For saving me from all my enemies.” 2 Samuel 22:2,3


Today we started a chapter in science that talks about communicating our thoughts and feelings.  We did an activity where we wrote something nice about our classmates.  A great activity to start our chapter on values and character traits.  This week we will be especially focusing on responsibility.  The students were given "baby" paper cubes that they will be responsible for all week.  Each day they will be given points for bringing their "baby" to school.  I will collect them on Friday morning and they will be graded on the condition of their "baby."  This assignment is worth 25 points.

In math the 3rd graders are still working on division. The 4th graders had a mid chapter test today on fractions and 5th graders are starting on a new chapter on multiplying fractions.

Today the research paper assignments were handed out.  The information is also listed on yesterday's blog.  Today we learned how to take notes with the trash and treasure style. http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/factfrenzy/opening.html 

This week we also started Dibels reading fluency testing.

Please remember that tomorrow is Donuts for Dads from 7:30am to 8:00am.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment