Monday, November 28, 2016

Art Pieces for PBL

It was nice to be back at Daystar Christian School with all of my bright-eyed, eager students. Today the students handed in half of their art projects. I wanted to make sure they were working on them.  I was so impressed with their creativity.

Some students need to continue to work on theirs - so tomorrow I will be sending home an art rubric to help them understand exactly what they will be graded on. I am putting the pictures of Bella's (5th grade) and Collin's (7th grade) as examples. I thought my first and second graders did a nice job too!  Tomorrow I will give the 1st and 2nd graders a rubric on how their tri-folds should look.

All art projects and final drafts (1st and 2nd grader trifolds) will be due on December 12th. Our event is on December 13th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.

Please remember that on December 8th (5th-7th grade) reading packets are due.

Our Bible verses for the week are:


1st & 2nd graders:
“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob spoke to me. He says: I care about you, and I have seen what has happened to you in Egypt.” Exodus 3:17


5th – 7th graders:
“Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don’t toss me aside, banished forever from your presence. Don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.” Psalms 51:10-12

Our quote for today is from Roger Crawford, “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.”  



No comments:

Post a Comment