Monday, November 14, 2016

Day One of Can Collecting

Today we put out 300 bags asking for non-perishable food items. Tomorrow we will go back to the same neighborhoods to pick up any donations. Please pray that the people who received the bags today will be generous with their giving. Thank you to Kathy Hayden and Mike Tivis for helping drive today.

I sent home a note with the students to bring a dish to share this Thursday for a potluck lunch. I will provide the drinks and dessert. 

Reading packets for 5th-7th graders will be due on December 8th.

The memory verses for this week are:

1st & 2nd graders
“I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart.
    I will tell all the miracles you have done.” Psalm 9:1

5th – 7th graders
“Come, let us sing to the Lord!
    Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
    Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
For the Lord is a great God,
    a great King above all gods.” Psalm 95:1-3

Our quote for today is from Willie Nelson, "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."




No comments:

Post a Comment