Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Switch Day by Bella 5th Grader


Switch this, switch that, switch it like you’ve never switched anything before. “Don’t switch anything anymore. I demand you all to stop what you are doing and go to your classes!” said principal Splitmore in a mean kind of way. If you haven’t noticed then I’ll tell you, we’re in school and everyone loves to switch things around. I’m the only one who doesn’t switch things. Our teacher says to sit on our desks and do our work on our chairs. I’ve never experienced anything like the day that I had yesterday.

So, I’ll tell you what happened, it all started on one happy sunny day. I was going to school and the first thing that I saw was my dog walking my own mother. I asked what was going on and all she said was that she wanted to go for a walk. And I know that you won’t believe me, but you should because I’m not lying when I say this. I saw a John Cena like scaredy-cat fireman in the tree and the cat trying to get him out. It was the most funniest thing that I had ever seen.

After that, I got to school and saw and heard nothing but papers flying around and everyone screaming their heads off. Now when the teacher said to be quiet, she really meant to say get more ecstatic. And when I say ecstatic I mean beyond enthusiastic. And that wasn’t even the start of my opposite, jumbled up, blabled day.

Before we left for the end of the day the teacher said that the opposite day today was just a test. She also said that I was the only person to pass that test. And before we all left the school that day we had a special assembly just for changing things. I got up on the podium and said that I realized you can’t change your school, home, job, and even the world, but you can change some of those things by choosing to take a step back, and even just picking up in the community. I also learned that even though everything was opposite it was still a pretty funny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment