Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The White Rabbit by Audra 6th Grader

          Through a slimy, glossy forest, that smelled like pine, as you hear a rustle and whine. Taste the humid air against and under your tongue, you walk a little bit further into the trees. Then you see a fuzzy, white rabbit with a twitching, pink nose. At first glance you see something is off about this rabbit. As you walk closer to the mysterious creature, it has eyes that are a charming shade of blue. You kneel down, the animal comes closer to you, until you were close enough to touch the white ghost. It sniffed your finger and nibbled on your hand, it’s ears swaying in the gentle breeze of the quiet forest. You gently ruffled its aged, soft, white hair. As you get up to leave the forest, you see the rabbit impatiently carrying a brown pocket watch!

 A confused expression on your face, you curiously follow this creature. Over the tall hill, under the thick branch, through the long log you go. The rabbit blasts through a large hole in a clearing in the woods. You hesitate but then you lunge in after the rabbit. The hole smelled like... deteriorating worms! Yuk!! You get out of the ghastly tunnel and awkwardly roll into a checkered pattered room with a brown table in the center of it. Wow! You said.

But wait, I don’t see that rabbit, he tricked me! You carefully walk around the room a little bit. You spot a tiny, blue cake, with the words, “EAT ME.” on the front of it. Tempted and curious you reach for the little treat. Nom, nom, nom. Delicious, but, WOAHH!!!! Wh-what, I’m small, like an ant!!! Ow! You bump into a large bottle with the words, “Drink Me.” On the side of it. Well, I’m already small so what hurt could it do? But, before you reached for the bottle you look up to see a large gold key in the glass see through table. As you look around for a ladder or something to get you up to the table. You see a small door in front of you, you bolt hopefully to the tiny door to see, it’s locked! So, you try to get the key that is on that tall table instead. AHA!!! You howl. Of course, a rubber band! You hooked it to a couple of large sticks, and zing!!! Up, up, up you go and on to the table! Yes! You yell. You quickly grab the key and head for the door.

 Creek!! Oh, wow!! It’s beautiful! You say. Blue, red, green, purple every color you could think of in this astounding land of color! You cheerfully walk down the tan, brick pathway to see a huge, floating smile! Huh? You say in confusion. “Greetings human girl!” Said a purple, striped cat. Who are you? I ask. “I am the Cheshire Cat. Be careful in that forest over there, it’s very dangerous…” The last thing I remember is seeing a lady with a fluffy, red dress. And a crazy guy that always wanted tea!

 “How is your head dear?” Mom? “Yes dear?”  Where am I? “Why, you are at home in your bed.” What happened? All I remember is seeing a rabbit and… I can’t remember anything else. “I found you in the middle of the woods. You were sleeping on the ground!” But I thought I… Did you see a white rabbit? “I did but, why would that matter?” Because I followed him! I know I did! “You must have been a little woozy from the meds I gave you right before I THOUGHT you went to bed in YOUR room.” I gave her a sheepish grin. Well, I wanted to go get some flowers for you before it got cold. So, I thought I could make it back in time for bed. “Well, you didn’t. Goodnight, Alice.” As she closed the door behind her I thought sleepily, “I’ll go find that rabbit tomorrow.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment