Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Presidential Youth Fitness Program

Your student might be sore tomorrow because we started the Presidential Youth Fitness Program today.  We are also training for the track meet which will be in April.  Running, sit ups, push ups, chin up holds, etc...  The students worked hard and had great attitudes!

We started on our PBL (project based learning) this week and I have really been  impressed with the depth of my student's questions and with the discussions and ideas that have stemmed from them. Right now, we are trying to narrow down our questions to just two or three.  I can see their brains spinning and I can tell that they are already excited about the possibilities.
"I like it because we get to discuss ideas. I am excited because I've never done anything like this before," said Isabella.
"I like the ideas and suggestions floating around. Everything is creative!" exclaimed Grant.
"I like that we have been planning as a team," said Pedro.

Reading Packets and weekly work is due tomorrow.

Our quote for today is from Benjamin Franklin, "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment