Friday, January 17, 2014

100 Days of School!!!

Today we celebrated our completion of 100 days of school!!!  A great accomplishment.  Parents thank you so much for partnering with me in your child's education.  I really appreciated seeing the goals that you and your child put down for this month.

Your child has three websites now that can assist them in math comprehension.  Think Central, Study Island and Khan Academy.  Study Island can also be used to reinforce the common core standards that we are learning in class. Spelling City and Readingplus and now WPP online are writing, reading and vocabulary and spelling sites.  Your child is definitely equipped with lots of FREE tutoring and learning websites.  DAS is excited to offer these websites to you and your child to ensure their educational success.

Please remember that there is no school on Monday and that 5th graders have a test and reading packet due on Tuesday.  I will have online assignments put up as soon as possible so that they may begin their assignments. ALL students have a WPP online assignment due on Tuesday.

Our patience quote of the day is from Max Lucado, "I choose patience . . .
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I’ll invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage."

No comments:

Post a Comment