Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teachers and Parents are Partners

Today I was at a teacher's conference.  Something that I believe in was reinforced today - and it is that teachers and parents are partners.  There were some great ideas on how we can work together to insure the success of your student.  This article had numerous ideas and I hope you get a chance to read it.
http://www.ohea.org/parental-involvement

Another great idea was for the parent and child to work together on goals.  Since we have just begun a new year, it is a time when some people make New Year's resolutions.  Each parent and child can make one goal for each month.  For example: Parent - I will study math facts with my child every school night for 10 minutes.  Child - I will improve on my math facts score this month.  If parent and child feel like they have met their goals, the child will get to pick from the treasure box at the end of the month and the family will get recognition on the blog and school newsletter. So parents - your homework this week is to discuss what you and your child's goals are for this month.  Please write them down on your child's homework sheet.  Thank you for partnering with me!!!  I appreciate you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment