Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Alyssa's Bible Reflection #2


My verse is, Psalm 62:7-8. And this verse says, “I depend on God to save me. He is my mighty rock. He is my place of safety. Trust in him in all times you people. Tell him of your troubles God is our place of safety.” A Pitbull reminds me of our God. A Pitbull reminds me of this verse because, a Pitbull is as mighty as a rock. You can find a safe place in a Pitbull. You can tell a Pitbull everything you need to. You can trust a Pitbull. For example, I had to stand up in front of my class and tell them about a book I had read. I was so nerves. So, I took a deep breath and I prayed a little. That was a time when I really had to depend on God to guide me. That is what I think of when I hear or say this verse.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! A lot of times I like to imagine to myself, where would I go in a time of danger? Where would my place of safety be? Would it be under my bed? Or maybe it would be in my bathroom with ALL the doors locked. Whether on your own or with your family, I think it's VERY important to have a place of safety. Both physically and spiritually. Even though I don't exactly know where my physical safe place is, I know where my spiritual safe place is. God is my spiritual safe place. I know that I can FULLY rely on his protection whether my problem is physical, mental or even spiritual, he is my castle and my hiding place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used a Pitbull as your symbol. I thing that for me my dearest closest friend would be one of my safe places. I know that if I tell them something that they'll listen. But after I tell them I'll be able to have a shoulder to cry on in the end. Im sure that after your presentation, you went home and cuddled your dog. I know that this describes you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, I agree with you because our God is a mighty rock. We can build our faith on him meaning we can depend on him in a challenging situation. When ever we need God, we can just go to him and he will help us. Its just like the wise man and the foolish man who built their house on the rock. We should always build our faith on the strong rock. (From Luke)

    ReplyDelete