Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Collin's Bible Reflection #1

The verse Isaiah 40: 29-31 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” It is powerful and inspiring on SO many levels. It says that our earthly, sinful bodies will grow weary, they will stumble, and they will fall. But, in this verse God promises us that, if we trust in Him, he will lift us up on wings like eagles. Jesus promises us renewed strength, He promises that we will run and not grow weary, if we ONLY put our trust in Him. We will have trouble, we will have hard ache, we will have moments where we stumble, fall and throw our head up to heaven and scream, but if we put our trust in Him, He will lift us up and we will soar on the wings of eagles.

2 comments:

  1. Collin, I agree that we will walk and not grow faint. I agree with this because when we trust in God he will give us strength. He will give us strength because he promises us. Whenever I read this verse I feel stronger and not weak in my heart. Because I have Jesus and he promised that he will give us strength. So, when you have Jesus in your heart. You will have strength. (From Luke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way you explained that Bible verse! I could really visualize the meaning behind every word. Like when you said, “We will have trouble, we will have hard ache, we will have moments where we stumble, fall and throw our head up to heaven and scream, but if we put our trust in Him, He will lift us up and we will soar on the wings of eagles.” Now I really love how you put that, but I think it might be a run- on sentence. So, like I said if you put some periods instead of commas, this is a compacted, and complete response. Good job! (From Audra)

    ReplyDelete