Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Collin's Bible Reflection #2

“Depend on the Lord. Trust Him and He will take care of you. Then your goodness will shine like the sun. Your fairness will shine like the noonday sun. Wait and trust the Lord. Don’t be upset when others get rich or when their plan succeeds.” Psalm 37: 5-7 This verse has special significance to me especially when it says, “don’t be upset when others get rich or when their plans succeed.” I must remember this because deep down when someone succeeds, even though I don’t show it on the outside, I feel a twinge of jealously. I tell myself,” Man, that should have been me.” I need to make sure that I recognize their success and am happy for other’s achievements. After all, wouldn’t I want them to be happy for me?

2 comments:

  1. Collin, I do agree with you. You are so right teenagers and people in general eat a lot of food. And that is ok too. We all do love food and that is why none of us can stop eating it. And he does spare those that are in times of hunger. Our parents do provide for us because they love us. I think what I agree with most is that God spares all in times of death. (From Alyssa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you because I know that we all have struggled with being jealous at sometimes, but we know that it is not right. I think that over the three years that I've known you, you've changed in your sportsmen ship. Now you high-five everyone after a game even if the team that you were on last lost that game.

    ReplyDelete