Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bella's Bible Reflection #1


Psalms 62:5-6

“I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.”

The reason I’m thankful for this verse is because God makes it so that we can rely on him with no worries. He makes it, so we have a sanctuary in him. It makes me feel like if my support group goes down I have and will always have another support group. Even him telling me that he is my rock and salvation is very comforting. God said in this verse that he will be “our rock and our salvation’. He wants us to know that we can trust him and that he’ll always be there for us. He wants us to trust him forever. He is like a brick wall, he will be our foundation for all the problems life brings to us. He will be strong when we aren’t.

3 comments:

  1. I REALLY like that reflection. Its reassuring. When I was young, I would go on hikes with my family and we would have contests, between me, Luke, Grant and my sister who could push, roll, or pick up a BIG rock the most. This reminds me of God, because to me, he is like the ENORMOUS bolder not even the strongest person in the world could push over. That's God for each and every one of us. He is the rock in our lives that will stay firm for us when we are the pebble that can so EASILY be thrown around by the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you because God always protects us. We should build our house on him because is a solid foundation and he is a sturdy one too. So, I think of this verse I think of the wise man and the foolish a because the wise man built his house on the rock. the rock is very strong, and it will never break. But the foolish man built his house on the sand and when the rain came his house was washed away.(From Luke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella, I’m really interested in your picture I think it really pops out and makes the verse very vivid. I also like your perspective in this post. I just think your exclamation is unique, and clear. I loved it when you said, “The reason I’m thankful for this verse is because God makes it so that we can rely on him with no worries.” This speaks out to me personally, because, I’m a person who has a lot of worries in my life. So, I really adore how you put that. (From Audra)

    ReplyDelete